SHOP ONLINE > ORDER ONLINE > IN-STORE / CURBSIDE PICK-UP
Kindelspire's Auto Supply
Kindelspire Auto Supply: A Family Owned Business Since 1922
Pictured: Frank Welch (Left), Tom Kindelspire (Middle), Dick Kindelspire (Right)
Kindelspire Auto Supply, Inc. was established in 1922. Ray Kindelspire started an auto repair business at the corner of Illinois Avenue and Wauponsee Street in the Paul Nelson Building in Morris, IL.
In 1925, Kindelspires moved to where LaMex Restaurant is today at 115 E. Jackson Street. Again in 1926, the business was moved to the East wing of the Depyster Building. In 1933, it was finally moved to its present location at 109 W. Washington Street. The business went through many early changes including a car dealership and a Goodyear Tire Store. In 1945, Ray's sons Dick, Bill and Ted along with his son-in-law Frank Welch joined him as partners.
In 1958, an addition was built to accommodate a machine shop and in 1962 Ted moved to Florida to open his own auto parts store.
In 1966 Ray retired and a warehouse was built behind 107 W. Washington St. Then in 1975, another brother Bill left the business and Dick's son Tom became a partner. In 1989 both Dick and Frank retired leaving Tom as owner of the corporation. Tom's oldest son Chris worked for the business from the mid 1980's until 2004 when he left to become the Director of Electronic Operations at the Grundy County ETSB. Tom's youngest son Scott started working for the business in 1989 and is still currently with the store making this a fourth-generation family business. Our commitment has always been to consistent and dependable service to the Grundy County Area.